THE "DESTROYING ANGEL."
"Destroying Angels," as I understand it, are Latter-Day Saints who are set apart by the Church to conduct permanent disappearances of obnoxious citizens. I had heard a deal about these Mormon Destroying Angels and the dark and bloody deeds they had done, and when I entered this one's house I had my shudder all ready.
But alas for all our romances, he was nothing but a loud, profane, offensive, old blackguard! He was murderous enough, possibly, to fill the bill of a Destroyer, but would you have any kind of an Angel devoid of dignity? Could you abide an Angel in an unclean shirt and no suspenders? Could you respect an Angel with a horse-laugh and a swagger like a buccaneer?
From Twain's "Roughing It" circa 1982
Answering questions about the identity, edibility, or toxic content of fungi --- email mycosATshawDOTca
(35+ yrs. experience)
- ▼ 2007 (7)
- Audubon FG to Mushrooms - Lincoff
- Magic & Medicine Of Plants (hd-cvr) Readers Digest
- Mushroom Cultivator - Stamets, Chilton
- Mushrooms Demystified - Arora
- Mushrooms Of North America- Miller
- New Savory Wild Mushroom - Stuntz, Ammirati
- Plants Of Northern BC - Mackinnon, Pojar,Coupe
- Simon&Schuster's Guide To Mushrooms -Lincoff